Need help finding and securing a federal grant or loan? Trying to make sense of the budget and appropriations process? Wondering how to create a grassroots plan that keeps your advocates motivated?
Well, look no further than our Advocacy Classroom CD-Rom series. Taken from live workshops in DC, these CD’s offer the educational content without having to leave your desk.
Fertilize Your Grassroots: Identifying, Motivating, Activating and Institutionalizing Grassroots Advocacy
Introduction / Overview:
- What are the "grassroots"?
- Why are they important?
- Interactive exercise in "thinking outside the box" about grassroots coalitions
Components of a Grassroots Organization
- The Who (individual advocates, coalitions - your "partners")
- The Where (connecting advocates with decision makers)
- The What (what's the message?)
- The How (organizational/institutional structures for working with grassroots partners)
Motivating and Activating the Grassroots
- How and when are they most effective?
- Eliminating barriers
- Motivating grassroots members to take meaningful actions
Tools and techniques for activation: from the ridiculous to the sublime
Case Studies: Stories of success from the real world
Campaign Development Exercise: Participants will, through breakout groups, develop a grassroots campaign around an exciting "secret" issue (to be revealed at the workshop!)
If you’d like to pay by check, please contact Ciny Klein at 202-244-4866 or email@example.com for an order form.